Luanda Pau's Performance group presents
"Roots of Cuba"
New City Fitness - New City Fitness, Redvers Street, Londres, Royaume-Uni
COME AND JOIN OUR PERFORMANCE GROUP IN 2020! 🔥🎶🇨🇺😊
Do you love Afro-Cuban dance and culture? Do you enjoy performing and want to get more confident? Are you a good team worker and enjoy meeting new people? Do you like a challenge? Are you committed and passionate, and free on (ideally all) the dates below? Then come and join us in 2020 and be in our next show, whatever your initial dance level or experience is as a performer! 🔥😍
When preparing for a show, we focus on all 3 aspects constitutive of Afro-Cuban culture:
- Yoruba dance technique (steps and movements corresponding to each Orisha; dance sequences)
- Yoruba choir (you will learn a number of songs from the Yoruba repertoire; the songs will vary according to the Orishas we work on)
- musicality and rhythm (in particular understanding the basic rhythms played on the batá drums)
We will work in collaboration with other professionals musicians and artists.
The planned date for the next show: October - December 2020
The estimated total duration of the show: 1h30
Our objective: to give the local community the opportunity to discover Afro-Cuban musical and dance culture while supporting Cuban professional artists living in Europe as well as all other artists who promote the richness of Afro-Cuban heritage outside of Cuba.
We will dedicate one weekend a month to intensive training.
Times: Saturdays 3-6pm & Sundays 2-5pm
January: Saturday 11th / Sunday 12th
February: Saturday 8th / Sunday 9th
March: Saturday 7th/Sunday 8th
April: Saturday 25th/Sunday 26th
May: Saturday 9th / Sunday 10th
June: Saturday 13th / Sunday 14th
July: Saturday 18th / Sunday 19th
August: Saturday 22th / Sunday 23th
Looking forward to working on this exciting project with you all!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries: email@example.com / 07848816208
Cost : 9h/hour
Performance group members also benefit from a discount for all our other classes and workshops (9h/hour) and their loyalty card is valid for 6 months (instead of 2).
- cash on the door (PLEASE BRING EXACT CHANGE IF YOU CAN)
- bank TRANSFER (contact us for bank details: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- using this link: https://capoeira.yapsody.com/event/index/509936/luanda-paus-dance-company-present
New City Fitness
Redvers Street, Hackney N1 6NE
Underground: OLD STREET
Bus: 242 243, 149, 55, 394 (stop Geffrye Museum)
LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU AND MEETING YOU IN 2020!! 🔥🎶🇨🇺😊